Bright and early Monday morning. ... we don't to bright and we don't do early and we don't usually do Monday morning. Trina hosted a hike at
Oak Canyon Nature Center. Thank you Trina!
The hike was the one we did not get to do while we were attending the
Earth Science field trip a few weeks back. It was deemed too difficult for some of the younger attendees.
We started at the Interpretive Center, hit the Tranquility Trail, to Wren Way, then on to Bluebird Lane. From there we met up with Bluebird Look and to our goal of Roadrunner Ridge. We followed Roadrunner Ridge back to Heritage Butterfly Garden near the Interpretive Center.
We learned a few things. Jerick is a cool hiker, he didn't enjoy it but it wasn't a big deal. Jules on the other hand may need to do her hiking with other people. She made it about 1/3 of the way before she dug in her heals and was over the entire experience. I have no doubt that if she were swimming it, or paddling it in a kayak or on a surfboard she would have loved it. The lack of water was the deal breaker for her.
Jules while she was still having fun.
Our destination.
Jerick hiking ahead.
Julia having an excellent time.
Caves, as up close as we could get while following the stay on the train rule.
Butterfly Garden
Finally, a happy camper!
Mom! Mom! Take a picture I've just hatched.
Seriously, she smiled more in the Butterfly Garden than she did the entire rest of the hike.
As much as I'd love to join Trina on monthly hikes, I will have to find something for Julia to do while Jerick and I go on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment