Thursday, November 20, 2008

What did we do now?

Photo essay of not muchness.

Jerick has been creating with Rokenbok again. And obsessed with Ender's Game. Thank you Orson Scott Card and my dad for making me read the original in Analog in 1977. And XBox Star Wars. He showed me stick-to-it-ness (seriously I spent 10 mins trying to figure out the word that I want and that is the best I can do tonight) that I didn't know could exist... I surely don't have it.
Yes, those are the kids surfboards to the right. And yes, for now, they live in our dinning room.

Jules, Mu, Ann and I went on a last minute adventure on Thursday.

Here's Julia's photo essay of the trip home.


Party time with Ann in the back seat.

Oh, what is Mom doing?
Chatting on the phone while driving with a car full of people? How normal.

This is so much fun I'll take a photo of my sock.



What is that?
Sad face... but that thing in the back.

The HUGE thing in the back?

No, not the inside of your nose silly, the thing behind you?


Hum... what could she be talking about?
There is nothing behind me. I'm hanging upside down from the roof of the car.

That? That thing?
Oh, that is the bolt of batting that almost made it so 2 people had to stay in LA after I bought it. It took up that much room in the back of the PT.
Sure, the entire adventure to LA was for bias binding for aprons but I *had* to buy a bolt of fluffy batting, 4 large spools of ribbon, 13 yards of fabric and not so much bias binding. The great news is that the store that I love is still in business. I knew it burned down over a year ago so I hadn't gone back. Thanks to a SewingMama friend I found out that they reopened just down the street. YIPEE!!!

What are they so happy about?
I, Jenn, tried something new Wednesday night. I asked Jerick what it would take to get him to go to LA with me willingly. His response was "Hot Chocolate, donuts, and ice cream" My response was hot chocolate for the drive up, check. Donuts, no can do, they are on my short list of things to do in the near future so you are going to get them any how and it wouldn't be right to include them in this deal. Ice cream...??? How about an IOU.
Both kids got their first ever IOU's and we redeemed them first thing Friday morning.
I'm still conflicted as to if it was a bribe or not. I looked at it as a he's scratching my back so I was scratching his in return. Even though he got booted from the trip so there was room for Ann and Mu. I think not having played the MOM Card for that trip will benefit me in the future. He really doesn't like going to the fabric district, aka fashion district, so I've made it not so negative. I have high hopes that the next time I need to go I can pair it with Dragon Tree and not have kids that are too cranky about it.

No comments: