Monday, November 10, 2008

Apron, flour & bread dough excitement.

:) want to know what thrills me right now.


This apron purchased from here

It fits well but could use a little more chest coverage...

so ... :D now that I have found flour in an actual flour sack I will be making a vintage type apron out of a real live four sack. I'm *soooo* excited!!!!!

And even though that one sack will not be enough fabric for one apron. With all the baking I'm doing and testing of bread recipes. I have not doubt that I'll have plenty in no time.
What is this photo below?
That would be dough from Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes a Day. I made the dough yesterday. Then promptly made my standard Mom's Farm Bread. I've got to say I can see the draw to the 5 minute bread. It was fast! But there is nothing like the joy of kneading a large batch of dough.
I tried the baking as suggested by 5Min with the dough from Mom's and... it was beautiful but it tasted like Mom's. I'm looking for some more umph from my bread. With that in mind I am letting the 5Min dough age a bit before baking the first batch. Maybe tomorrow. We shall see :D

No comments: