Sunday, November 9, 2008

An apron with a memory.

My mom had an apron. Only one that I recall. One that came out once a year to bake Christmas cookies. A few years ago I took a tracing of the apron with the intent to make myself one. I finally got the courage to do so.


Review/Notes-

  • I must have made the tracing taking into account my weight at that time. I am now 50 pounds lighter and this smock is pretty big on me.
  • I also neglected to note on my tracing that there were 2 sets of ties. I will need to add a 2nd set for a better fit.
  • The pockets are a bit too big so they sag.
  • The pattern placement on the pockets is pretty impressive imho. See the bias binding on the front of the apron? Yeah, that is the top of the pockets.
  • I like the idea of the towel loop but a center placement would be better.
  • The home made bias binding was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. (Note another first for me, custom bias binding)
  • Love the hand of this Hoffman lava cloth. Thanks Eri & BoBo
  • This smock/apron may be a "one of" because it skeeves me how much it looks like a hospital gown. It wears great as long as I don't look at it.

No comments: