Erica gave me a wonderful men's shirt to re purpose and it screamed to be turned into an apron.
Buttons up the front. Pocket for the pocket. The waist and ties from the sleeves. The ties did have to be pieced to get the proper length. All the gathering was done towards the hips so it would lie flat across the tummy area.
I'm not sure the photos due it justice. Alas, that the best I can do for now.
Be warned. I've created a pattern today from an apron my mom used to wear for holiday baking. Once I get over my fear of making my own bias tape I'll have that finished and ready to show. After that, I'll tackle the apron I've been dreaming about. It is only because I just bought a simmilar one off hyenacart, that may end up too small, that I even convinced myself to ready the pattern. :eeks:
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment