We are all engrossed in the Myth series. We own the first 10 and recently realized that there are more! I can't wait to get them from the library.
This is not quite the actual book. Our copy is just Myth Conceptions. From a 1985 printing. (click photo to go to Amazon for more info on the books)
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
We were busting through these pretty fast for awhile there.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
Again, we read the single version of Hit or Myth.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
And now we are about half way through Myth-ing Persons #5 in the series for those that are counting.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
We were all enjoying the stories so much that each kid had to find a 2nd series for those times all 3 of us were not available. After a little Q&A Jules shared that she wanted stories about magic, dragons and adventure. That led us to our collection of Nesbit and Edward Eager. Eager's Half Magic lit up her eyes :) Of course, Jerick wants to listen to it again because he was old enough the last time I read it to remember it. I'm slowly getting that Jules may seem to remember everything but that doesn't apply across the board.
Jerick spent a good bit of time trying to convince me that he had exclusive rights to the Myth series because it started as something we were doing together. Thank goodness I had 2 Phule books on hand from the same author. It hasn't grabbed J yet but it is just a matter of time.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
Jerick spent a good bit of time trying to convince me that he had exclusive rights to the Myth series because it started as something we were doing together. Thank goodness I had 2 Phule books on hand from the same author. It hasn't grabbed J yet but it is just a matter of time.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
Me? What am I reading? Me? The one who always has multiple books going?
I feel like I'm not "reading" anything at the moment.
lol, that said, I'm reading the newspaper almost daily and carting books around along with a partial manuscript and I don't feel like I get the time to read anything because I'm concentrating on working out, holiday gifts, sewing, cooking and life. I miss the compulsion to read.
That said :) the books I'm carting around, in no particular order.
Thank you to Paige for loaning this too me. I may only be on page 29 but it looks like it may make it on to my "Essential Reads for Parenting" along with Continuum Concept, and Protecting the Gift.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
This one was a raok (random act of kindness) from dh. Apparently, I mentioned in passing that I'd like to read it and soon it showed up at our front door. :) thanks dh!
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
I'm pretty sure you've all read about this.
I have my own copy on the way but am still carting around the library copy. I'm on my 3rd batch of the dough. 2nd double recipe. This go round I cut the salt in half. Not that I'm complaining. The first 2 batches with butter and grape jelly are the things future cravings are made of.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
Another library book that I wouldn't mine having in my collection. Ok, not in my collection but handy. I dream of spending more time out at the cabin and this, along with the authors other books, would be in my personal library at the cabin.
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
This is another library book. One that I can't decide if I love or can't stand. All sorts of apron patterns (to enlarge 400%) but they are all a little too trendy looking in the prints chosen so I can't get my mind to relax and love them kwim? I do need to get it back to the library soon since someone else has a hold on it. (I tried to renew it and wasn't able to) I just want to decide if it is a personal keeper or not. ... maybe the fact that I can't decide means that it is not. :sigh:
![]() |
| From 2008 November |
I may not feel like I'm reading much these days but it is not a lack of a stack of reading or desirable reading that is holding me back. Then again 4 out of the 5 inspire me and the 5th (Backcountry Betty) I haven't cracked yet.
Happy Reading!











No comments:
Post a Comment