Saturday, November 22, 2008

11/21 -11/22 2008 Sewing

Ahh, I love this print.
It reminds me of my favorite colors as a teen/college student.
Yet it has a folksy thing going on.
This apron is the pattern that I was scared of, and now I love love :D

Please take a moment to notice my new body form. Ok, so not a real body form but for $2 I'm totally thrilled. Granted, it did take up some room in the car on the way home from LA. It is tiny but cute :D I'm way to happy about it.


Of course, I had to do something with the scraps.
The pyramid looking ones are called hobo bags,or at least I thought that was the name but I can't find the tut on the web. Scarlet made me one years ago to encourage me to do projects with zippers. I still use the one she made me. All my hand sewing supplies live it it for easy access when I need it. Big hugs to Scarlet for yet another gift that has continued to give over the years.
The oval, well, that was a tester. Looks good on the outside. Don't look on the inside.
I also did 4 "flour sack" towels. I'm using them all the time these days, and my old ones have seen better days. The fabric, cotton lawn, lent itself to them so I went for it.



Next up on the sewing front, pink and brown fabrics. 4 aprons 2 bags half a dozen zippered pouches and a key fob.

No comments: