Sunday, November 2, 2008

My first apron.

I have been fantasizing about aprons. Making aprons. Being gifted aprons. Gifting aprons. Finding wonderful aprons at the thrift store. Finding aprons on line that I can't live without and buy without out a care that I'd purchased a dozen different ones! ~ oh the thoughts of aprons has filled my head lately.

I had such a long list of potential uses for aprons that I had completely freaked myself out of actually making an apron. So, even though I had just purchased 24 yards of fabric to make aprons out of I couldn't cut into any of it.

I had already been though A Is for Apron cover to cover multiple times when I settled on a few different options. Unfortunately, none of my fabric was talking to me :( I think it is still mad that I haven't sewn much in the last 18 months.

Finally, an obnoxious fabric, one that I had picked out just for me some time last year. Jumped up and stated firmly that it wanted to be "the waldorf" I tried to convince it that it really wasn't waldorf material :snort: :knee slap: :nudge: :nudge: :D get it??? Waldorf material! ROFLOL. :gasp:

Ok, ok, point being I made it. My first use of biased binding as it is supposed to be used, and on curves at that! The print, along with the heavy weight (visually) of the ties needed to be tempered with pockets. And, now, I'm not sure I have a future in fabric coordination this is the finished product.

My first apron. My first biased bindings on curves. And I can't wait to make more More MORE MORE!!!!! :evil laugh:


The print is of girls. Surfer's saying "Surfs Up Baby" An kick boxer (?) saying "Girl Power", Skier saying "Totally Awesome!!!! A Mountain climber saying "Righteous". A basketball stay saying "You Go Girlfriend" A girl with a boom box saying "Rock and Roll!" They are all strong and cut. I bought it when I was starting to lose weight last year as a positive affirmation type thing and an apron that I wear around the house is the perfect use for it to provide that positive affirmation that I originally bought it for.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's gorgeous! And I'm so jealous!