Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yesterdays Bag

This is what I had for inspiration. I found it somewhere at some point. I do have the date I printed it out and the url for the photobucket acct that the photo was hosted on but I don't know how I got that link or I'd be glad to share it with you all and give the originator the credit for inspiring me.

The graphics on the photo are difficult to decipher. The sizes are unclear but I assumed they were centimeters. Good guess since the directions are in Japanese. :sigh: So between what measurements I could glean and a bit of proportion guessing this is what I came up with. Originally, the straps were shorter on the pattern and I think I should go back to that. The longer straps were not a hit with me. The idea was to be able to wear it over a shoulder but I think a forearm sort of thing is a better call for the shape. This is the finished product. It still needs some embellishment of some sort. And I may cut down the straps so it looks less awkward.

Now, I'll admit that it looks ugly an awkward to me. I haven't gotten my mind around how to fix that aspect of it. Shorter handles, handles attached the other way, shape modification? I don't know but I'm considering working on it.
This is what I like about the bag. Look at all that room! It calls for balls of yarn, fresh baked buns, fruits and veggies from the farmers market and who knows what else.

Conclusion: I like the bag. Shorter straps next time. Maybe fuss with the angles/curves of the pattern. I may have a good excuse for shopping for more fabric :) I've been dying for more wovens.

No comments: