Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sewing -> One of of Jerick's favorite things.

One of the blogs I'm following for my entertainment is A Dress A Day. Today's "dress" was My Airship Hostess Dream: One Step Closer to Reality . Having lived with Jerick for 10 years now I happen to know that an airship is a dirigible or a zeppelin aka a blimp. So I just *had* to read it all and *had* to share it with Jerick.

That one blog post sent me to xkcd ... and Jerick and I found them most entertaining and will be continuing to read their web comics in the future. Link to the dirigible bit is here. Then we went off to read about the Google rumors about dirigibles. And lastly to the NASA site welcoming a airship to Moffett Field.
Of course Moffett Field is at the other end of the state but the thought crossed my mind that ... wouldn't it be fun if... :D we got to ride on one?
Unfortunately for me, Jerick has seen enough footage of the Hindenburg that he is not interested in riding on one without wearing "a jet pack with a frame around you" ... I think he needs to head to the drawing board for that one.

In looking to find a photo to add to this post and never sure what is ok to borrow, host, and give proper credit for or do I really have to contact each and every person? Previously, for this blog, I've made the borrowed photos click-able back to the originator even while the hosting is done here. KWIM?

Point... the photo search lead to this photo.

And that blog gave credit to this website and WOW we are totally sucked back into Zeppelins/Dirigibles/ Blimp what ever you want to call them.

um... maybe that means I've got to figure out if there is a difference in the names and what they are talking about instead of using them interchangeably. ... no time today. Gotta get that workout in before we hit the road for our Wed park day (my personal favorite)

No comments: