Wednesday, October 8, 2008

San Diego October 8th 2008

Planes, trains and automobiles?
How about Automobiles, train, bus, feet, bus, feet, trolley, feet, trolley, feet, train, automobile?

We had a great time.

The train you've read about.

The bus was, lol, an adventure. Once again I led people astray. We all bought Day Passes from the vending machines at the trolley station (just steps from the train) and off we set to the bus stop. I had, of course, done my research and led them right to the bus stop. The buses were all there. But... they are not permitted to pick up or drop anyone off at that location. Uh, thanks for the bus schedule MTS. Well, we lucked out and the driver seeing 12 of us including a pre-schooler, an infant and a stroller, when he found out we all had day passes he let us on. WHOO HOOO! That saved us quite a walk to the first stop. I do have a better understanding of why everyone kept telling us to go such and such place and take such and such bus and then transfer to this bus. But ahhh, I thought I knew better than the locals. Of course I didn't.

We headed up to Balboa Park where we were meeting a group at the San Diego Natural History Museum. We were so sure they had been waiting for us for at least 15-20 minutes because of the time it took us all to get our passes. But no :) they ended up with a great gig. They found a shuttle bus and ended up paying only about a $1 p/p each way from the train station to the museum. Well done!

J and Jules love the Natural History Museum. Both kids spent more time than I would have ever imagined that they could involved with the exhibits. Of course I only got picts of the first half and was so immersed myself that I forgot to take many of the H20 side of the museum. I'd like to go back without the kids so I can explore on my own.

Thank you Stephanie for organizing this portion of our day.

When we finished up we jumped back on the bus. Remember our family doesn't often get to do public transportation due to where we live and where we want to go. So it was fun and exciting for all of us. We headed back downtown to jump on the trolley for Old Town. :) easy and fun! It was such a great group to hang out with. A little of this, and a little of that in Old Town along with cold drinks, chips, salsa and nachos. What a great way to wrap up the day.

No comments: