Thursday, October 9, 2008

What are we reading?


Jules is doing Harry Potter 3 again. That is Prisoner of Azkaban for those who do the names not the numbers. With time set aside for the Magic Tree House Research Guide on the American Revolution by Mary Pope Osborne and any Powerpuff Girls book she can get her hands on.

J is splitting his time between Another Fine Myth by Robert Asprin, Encyclopedia Brown by Donald Sobol and 1776 by David McCullough.

I'm doing more reading on unschooling, trying to get over my hang up about labels. It has been about 5 years since I put my fingers in my ears in frustration with the laundry list of what it is supposed to look like so often professed by the verbal ones on lists, boards and irl. Today I researched Paul Revere in an attempt to find the source that Paul Harvey used in ... and now the rest of the story about Paul Revere being a plagiarist. Page 169 of Declaring Independence by Jay Fliegelman via Google Books was the best I could find this am. But I learned more about Paul Revere in my search than I ever wanted to know and made me question my reality of the history of our country with new to me information about the Free Masons. That will be research for another day. And in short spurts I am enjoying the short stories in Sand in My Bra and Other Misadventures edited by Jessica Maxwell.

No comments: