What we did the last few days.
Julia dug into our dwindling stash of beeswax. Saturday night she sketched out totem pole that she wanted to create. All sorts of Pokemon characters. I wish she was nearby so I could give the specifics of who is who. All beeswax photos by Julia.
![]() |
| From Maia's Reality |
Then we, Julia and I, dug into our pumpkins. Jerick opted not to carve this year. He did opt to be the "official photographer" of the event and wanted to make sure that I showed this picture.
![]() |
| From Maia's Reality |
I guess that is what being a 10 yo boy is all about :) The inside of my pumpkin in case that wasn't obvious.
Julia is proud that her Jack-O-Lantern has side burns and I'm pretty stoked on the eyebrows on mine. Note, we both enjoyed polka dots on our pumpkins with the help of the apple-corer.
Please take a moment to note the pumpkin seeds. The last time I had satisfactory pumpkin seeds I was about Julia's age. I'm beyond thrilled with having successful, yummy pumpkin seeds. Even if I did OD on them on Sunday night. A big THANK YOU goes out to betz white's post noting her stellar pumpkin seeds in what a treat!
![]() |
| From Maia's Reality |
Lastly, Bones of the Dead inspired by The Crafty Crows post about Finding la Dolce Vita's yummy cookies. The thicker the "bones" the chewier. The thinner/narrower the crunchier. Here is Julia as Hermione but looking like a Japanese Schoolgirl (we've been enjoying everything we can get our hands on by Hayao Miyazaki) she added a 3 year old Gryffindor cloak to the outfit. By the end of the day she *finally* consented that it was too small and will wear her new one for the rest of the week. Jerick went as Harry Potter but did not wear his glasses or Quidditch goggles when it came time to Trick or Treat at the park today (Monday). They have 4 more dress up opportunities this week so we'll see how things go over the long haul. I went as my standard, a witch, black hat, long black robes, sometimes dressed up with lots of jewels.
![]() |
| From Maia's Reality |
Lastly, I'd like to thank Michelle at Huelle Family Adventures for my new photo. :) Thank you :)






No comments:
Post a Comment