About 4 years ago a homelearners group we belonged to made an hour drive to go to a special park. Honestly, I couldn't imagine any park being special enough to drive an hour to get to. I have long thought that it would be worth checking out if we were "in the neighborhood" unfortunately I didn't know what neighborhood it was in until recently.
The good news is that I knew we would be in the neighborhood today. The bad news is that I forgot to dig out the directions that I printed out and promptly buried in my desk a few months back. The good news is that I had a general idea of where it was. The bad news is that I didn't know the name of the park. The good news is that we had time to look for it.
We entered the "park" where I thought it was supposed to be. I think of parks as a single playground and this was much larger than that. So we drove past softball fields, a playground, past more sports fields, a bunch of tennis courts, a sports center, and amphitheater, a lake, a girl scout building, and decided that the items below looked promising.
But I knew that didn't fit the "mosaic" play area billing that was our current mission. We wandered a bit, and (I) looked at the CDF guys who were having a meeting in the area. We still didn't see any signs that we had found that special place. So we continued along the road until the end. Only to decide to turn back and explore a side road. It really didn't look promising but the sign was colorful so there was a little bit of hope. Then in the distance I saw, and another sign. This time I read it "Queen Califia's Magic Garden" ding ding ding that sounded right.
As we entered I literally said "It is magical" lol what a dork. I am sure that the trio that was inside got a giggle out of it.

I find it a good sign when a kid runs around and yells "take a picture of me doing this" "this" "this"


Well, not the bah hum bug kid... or at least not at first...
It has been a long but fun day.
But before we go I have to show you the ground.
I loved even the ground in this special place.














3 comments:
That is totally cool! Where is it?
And YES, of course you can use the picture. You just need to click on the slide show and it will take you to Picasa.
Michelle I was going to send you to the link in the post but WOW they don't make it easy to find the direction. AKA Click Link, Click Contact, upper left orange on just slightly lighter green click on "Directions to the Garden" it is a popup (which of course I have disabled) and the directions are an image so of course there is no easy CNP :P~ but from that pop up w/ directions there is another (bottom right) link to a map DOH they make it difficult to find.
Upshot is.
I-15,
Exit Via Rancho Parkway,
Go East.
"Continue past Westfield Shoppingtown North Country (1 mile East of 15)
Turn left at Mary Lane into Kit Carson Park
Immediate right on to Amphitheater Drive, follow Queen Califia's Magical Circle parking signs and park in the designated areas.
On foot, follow directional signs on walking path to the sculpture garden, approximately 1/4 of a mile from the parking lot"
Well, worth figuring out so you can swing by on the way from Julian or WAP or even if you are stuck on the 15 and need an excuse to stretch your legs.
I'll leave this here and CNP it to your blog so you have it.
JENN!!! I *HEART* your pictures!!
What great shots of the kids. Love the angles and the sunlight coming in. Love the happy faces and the documentation of all of this in ONE place! I'm really impressed and happy for you that you're blogging. :)
Keep it up and I promise to come and read, when I can. It's very fun to read this way--you have just the right ratio of pictures and words. Perfect symetry. A photo essay of your homeschooling journey and day to day life w/your lovely family. :)
(((HUGS)))
Paige
Post a Comment