Saturday, October 4, 2008

Simple Sewing. My current fave bag pattern.

lol so "bag pattern" is an overstatement. It is a t-shirt with the arms cut off, the neck line altered, and the bottom hem sewn shut. Although I was not inspired by Martha there is a link here on her site. I do my bottoms a bit different. A fold fold thing that Scarlet over at Sewing Mama's figured out. It doesn't look like we did a sew and tell but it is a fold thing at the bottom edge of the bag allowing it to be a pseudo square bottomed bag.

Examples of two open and the rest that I did today folded.

I've long enjoyed using T-Shirts for re-purposing. I don't like making quilts from them, but have have made at least 3 and do have 2 more worth prepped and waiting ... for the last 12 years... for me to get motivated to make another. Last year I did a bunch of capris for dd to use as pj bottoms. The year before I skorts for her from them. Alas, she has grown enough that for now those are no longer an option. I've done a few re-purpose into shirts with added sleeves, inserts or just simply cut down. Those are not as satisfying for me. For now, it is bags :) bags that I can gift and give as the mood strikes.


No comments: