I used Pippijoes tutorial as a stepping off point.
These photos are of the bucket empty. No propping, no staging, just sat it there.
Directions on how I went about it can be found below the pictures if you are interested.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
I had a 10 3/4" paper plate on my sewing table that I used as inspiration.
The circles were cut from 10 3/4" and the sides were 34" long and 11 1/2" high.
The outside is twill.
The inside is a lightweight fine whale cord.
The inside cord is quilted to warm & natural quilt batting. (lesson learned from making the fabric baskets less flippy)
The outside had a layer of heavy-ish sew in interfacing.
I traced the plate size onto the sew in interfacing. Then layered the 4 circles with wrong sides together, then cut. That way I wasn't having to fuss with the circles to try to get them to line up again.
I stay stitched all the sets together. Cord/w&n. Twill/interfacing.
I only quilted the side panels of the cord/w&n. Quilted lines in the flat about 3/4" apart. Intended to do 1" apart but miss calculated lol and didn't realize it until I was well into quilting.
Sewed up the side seams.
Ironed open then hammered the seams so they would be a little less bulky.
Ironed 1/2" hem into the top of the twill/interfacing side piece.
Marked 1/4's on the circles and the sides.
Pined @ marks.
Then pined again between them.
Sewed the circles to the sides.
Trimmed the seams the best I could... there has to be a better way attempting to use pinking shears on that bulk. I did on one and just trimmed the other... could have done it right but I was over it at that point. In the end with the bulk I don't think it matters much.
Turned one RSO.
Pinned the bottom seam together so I knew that it was sitting correctly.
Pinned the pre-ironed hem.
Then hand turned the bulky hem to meet the pre-ironed hem and pinned.
Top stitched.
Good to go!
Not to shabby considering I haven't been at the sewing machine in the last month.
Yeah Me! lol


No comments:
Post a Comment