Ahh, back in the days when the kids were tiny, teeny tiny, toddler and infant tiny.
I had a clean home. My carpet was free of stains.
I was skinny. I was healthy.
My garden thrived. Our front yard was presentable.
I was thrilled to have people just drop in for a visit.
The kids were well cared for.
I had plenty of spare time for whatever I wanted to do.
In those days I was FLYing, I was a Fly Baby first and then I grew.
Before that I was a SHE, Sidetracked Home Executive.
I've done a little of each and found a happy medium that worked for me...
...well as long as I was actually doing it.
Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon.
Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon.
Other things took priority.
Yes, priority over my health and home.
Finally, the CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) got to me.
I was embarrassed to have anyone drop by and I never willingly invited anyone into our house.
Yes, priority over my health and home.
Finally, the CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) got to me.
I was embarrassed to have anyone drop by and I never willingly invited anyone into our house.
I missed hostessing Mom's Nights Outs and Book Clubs. I miss having weekly family dinners for my sisters, dad and grandmother. I miss Friends Night on Thursdays, even though Friends is long in the past we were still getting together on Thursday nights for years after.
I needed to FLY (Finally Loving Myself) again so I could do those things and more.
After a week of intending to and doing little Hot Spot Fire Drills I jumped back into Flylady.net With the help of the information there I was able to recreate my old forms.
After a week of intending to and doing little Hot Spot Fire Drills I jumped back into Flylady.net With the help of the information there I was able to recreate my old forms.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
It might not look like much but once I get back in the groove it will take only minimal time.
Top Left: Weekly Plan
Top Right: Before Bed & Morning Routines
Bottom Left: To be zones but I'm not quite ready for that yet. I'm still working on the form.
Bottom Right: Checklist for the Weekly Home Blessing (only supposed to take a total of an hour)
The nice thing is that by having it posted the rest of the family can help out. It will take a few weeks to get us all back in the groove but every little bit blesses our family.
The most powerful things for me are the getting dressed to my shoes, 27 Fling Boogie and Shining my Sink.
Let us FLY!
Thank you once again Fly Lady.

No comments:
Post a Comment