As a family we are still working on Mything Persons by Robert Asprin.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
Jules and I are still reading Half Magic by Edgar Eager. We love the story but the chapters are so long that I fall asleep while reading. Did you know that already? Reading aloud relaxes me to the point that I fall asleep? Morning, noon, or night. It doesn't seem to matter, I lull myself to sleep.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
I didn't keep track of the books I've read in the last month but I can tell you where I am right now.
I just finished, and loved, Argonauts of California by Thomas F. Elliott. "little known historical vignettes of California history prior to statehood" I found it at the local library and enjoyed it so much that I acquire a copy to keep in my personal library. I don't do that very often, most titles are just fine kept in the county library system.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
Last night I finished scanning Dear SOS: Thirty years of recipe requests to the Los Angeles Times. It was a trip down memory lane with Dottie. Dottie was my dad's mom, my grandmother, and my best friend for many years. I miss her. Through this book I traveled back to the Caesar Hotel in Tijuana where we had the original Caesar Salad. Something she felt was important because I loved Caesar salads so much... or was it because she liked the original? It was dark and parking was down an alley barely large enough for Dottie's Caddy to make it through. I miss her in so many ways.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |
Next I am digging into a biography on Martha Washington: An American Life by Patricia Brady. I love the library!!! We are supposed to be related to Martha Washington, I thought it was via her 1/2 sister but the family tree in the book doesn't identify any half siblings so perhaps I misunderstood :) it has happened more than once with the way I only half listen most of the time.
![]() |
| From 2009 January |





No comments:
Post a Comment