Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flying Update

FlyLady update: I'm taking baby steps. I'm back to being a Fly Baby as they say. I rewrote my weekly schedule today and will continue to fine tune as necessary. It feels great to mark things off. It feels great to have a clean home. To know that every little bit that I do is blessing my family and myself. So far the most difficult part has been starting my bedtime routine early enough. Starting at 11pm doesn't help me get to bed earlier. But getting the majority of it in really makes a difference in how easily I fall asleep and how much I enjoy waking up. It is well worth it.

The following is a little personal but I want to share it so I can record what I had to concentrate on at this point in the process. Some items will get dropped as they become a habit.

My Current PM Routine looks like this:
Clean up the house
Entrance: Pick up & put away.
Living Room: Pick up & put away.
Dining Room: Pick up & put away.
Family Room: Pick up & put away.
Kitchen: Clean it, shine sink, new dishcloths, & run dishwasher
Bedroom: Fold clothing & put out clothes for tomorrow.
Think about tomorrow before bed
Check PODA (Parade of Daily Activities)
What can I do tonight that will make tomorrow morning easier?
Gather up items for tomorrow & place in leaving place.
Breakfast, is it planned?
Crock pot? If so, get it ready.
Cool down time.
Yoga
Get ready for bed.
Brush teeth, clean face, comb hair.
Bath time. Read for fun.
Put on bed clothes
Take vitamins
Reflect on day’s accomplishments
Read aloud.
Write in journal.
Practice Gratitude.3 things I’m grateful for.3 things I’ve accomplished today.
Snuggle in and lights out.
Fall asleep with a smile on your face and in your heart.

My current AM routine
Rise and Shine
Start the day with gratitude.
Say “Thank You”Make bed.
Start Daily Plan
Kitchen
Empty dishwasher.
Eat Breakfast.
GET READY FOR THE DAY
Go into the bathroom.
Shower & clean bathroom while there.
Fix hair and face.
Leave bedroom with load of laundry, go straight to the washer.
Think About Your Day
What is for lunch? Prep lunch.
What is for dinner?What can I do to get dinner started?
Reboot the laundry (put in dryer).
Now Think About Yourself
Take vitamins if needed.
Did you eat yet? AM snack?
Computer Time:15 mins

Weekly Routine
Sunday: Home Blessing
Grab & wash area rugs.
27 Fling Boogie. Trash + Donate
Dust fans & furniture.
Clean mirrors and doors.
Reboot Laundry
Clean toilets
Sweep & mop kitchen & bath.
Brush Trekker
Vacuum all the rooms.
Empty vacuum.
Reboot Laundry
Cardio: 30 minutes (optional)
GET READY FOR DAY
Make sure refrigerator is clean.
Empty all the trash before bed.

Monday: COC
Strip Bed & Wash.
Cardio: 30 minutes
Reboot Laundry
Strength Training Wii
GET READY FOR DAY
Reboot Laundry
Make Bed
Water and fertilize plants.
Zone Clean: 15 minutes
Spot Clean Carpets: 15 minutes
Back Yard: 15 minutes
Leave for COC by 1pm

Tuesday: Local Day
Cardio: 30 minutes
Yoga Wii
GET READY FOR DAY
Zone Clean: 15 minutes
Front Yard: 15 minutes
Senior Center
Story Time
Work

Wednesday: DT
Cardio: 30 minutes
Strength Training Wii
GET READY FOR DAY
27 Fling Boogie. Trash & Donate
Spot Clean Carpets: 15 minutes
Back Yard: 15 minutes
Leave for DT by 1pm

Thursday:
Laundry (all) out & started.
Cardio: 30 minutes
Reboot Laundry
Yoga Wii
Reboot Laundry
Brush Trekker
GET READY FOR THE DAY
Reboot Laundry
Hot Spot Fire Drill
Clean laundry room.
Vacuum common areas & garage.
Front Yard: 15 minutes

Friday :
Reboot Laundry
Cardio: 30 minutes
Reboot Laundry
Strength Training Wii
GET READY FOR THE DAY
Reboot Laundry
Hot Spot Fire Drill
Spot Clean Carpets: 15 minutes
Back Yard: 15 minutes
Mow lawn
Clean out car & check fluids

Saturday:
Cardio 30 minutes (optional)
GET READY FOR THE DAY

No comments: