Sunday, January 11, 2009

1/11/08 Highlights of the week.

More board game playing.
Days on end of Monopoly. Once that was finally finished Risk was set up once again. Having a dedicated game table makes all the difference in the world. We can squeeze a round in here and another in there between other activities. It means that I can actually play a game with my children and still accomplish things around the house.

Season Finale of Stargate Atlantis.
Jerick watched something like 6 days straight of TV from 8am to 7pm. Ok, we did have to leave the house a few times but most of the rest of the time that he was awake and at home he was glued to the TV. On Wednesday I was getting uncomfortable with all that TV. It was at that time that I found out that the season finale was on Friday and this was the lead up to it. Thank goodness it was only going to be a week long obsession.

Julia and her best friend Skyler made up on Wednesday January 7th. They had not spoken to each other or kindly about each other since October 26! That may just be the nature of 2 Bulls (Taurus) being friends. Sure in the past they have had "bumpy patches" but they were bumpy not the craziness that both families had to deal with for the last 2 months. It is so nice to have our friends back. Granted, you can't call my house these days because those 2 are only the phone every spare minute since Wednesday and they are on the phone right now.

We made Boffers they have been on my radar for a couple of years but the kids weren't that interested and honestly I didn't think I could handle them not handling it kwim? One of the groups we belong to, but rarely attend, had a Boffer making day on their schedule so I've been collecting 2nd hand pool noodles to make our first set. After those were made Paige shared that the ones out of foam insulation for pipes is much softer on impact :) so of course I had to make some taking that into account. Most of the supplies were from things we had on hand. Jerick designed one style and Jeff helped design the sword style. This evening Julia and I had a battle in the back yard and laughed so hard we couldn't catch our breath. So much fun just to wave them around and hit the other boffer.
From 2009 January

Jeff was given his two weeks notice on Monday so that did put a damper on somethings but we knew things were slow at work but as the last employee we had hoped he wouldn't be affected. Obviously, we were wrong. Lots of opportunities, we just have to see what happens. In the meantime the IL's and my dad have lists of things they need him to do. It will be just like the 2 weeks he had off at Christmas, working odd jobs the entire time. It was really a pleasure to have him around. Changes for us? I've requested more hours at work. If necessary we will cut out driving since our park days are all quite a distance from our home. For now driving is on a case by case basis.

Jerick is continuing to work weekly at the Senior Center. I'm not sure what all he gets out of it but since he's the driving force for continuing it must be a good thing.

Julia signed up, once again, for After School Club at the local library. She loves being read to and the little crafts from Oriental Trading Co.

We've all been doing the Wii Fit. With the most loyal being Julia and myself. Jule's favorite part is the meditating on the candle LOL so glad I asked. Mine is the 30m step. At the end of the week I added the strength training in MWF and yoga on TTh. The strength training keeps me on track and the yoga helps my yoga practice (VHS).

The kids and I spent Friday in Lake Forest, setting up for a fundraising garage sale, a playdate with the long lost best friend, and back to set up/playing with the kids at the garage sale home. Neither kid wanted to come home. I know they wish we lived much closer to the families we spent time with on Friday. Alas, with dh no longer working in LF our excuses to hang out there will lessen slightly.

Saturday I felt awful! Just look! Seriously, I felt so bad that I took the picture to see if I looked as bad as I felt. We hit the garage sale so Jules could shop (she found a CareBear to add to her collection) and Mummu got to go for a drive. Mu treated us to Big Macs on the way home. The kids *love* Big Macs but I only consent to let them consume them when they are on sale and at 2 for $3.50 they are on sale. Such happy kiddos.

Sunday we looked at the back yard... but that is another post.

No comments: