Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love my new schedule

With dh's hours at "work" being cut back, no longer out of a job just cut back significantly. I have asked and received additional hours at the library.

I've been able to move my hours to mornings and added 3 shifts a week.

It is wonderful!

I can walk to and from work... something I didn't have the opportunity for when I worked nights.

I have new responsibilities that add enjoyment to my position.

I get the pleasure of working half of my shift without any patrons in the building. No one to wait for so I can get where I need to go, no one to stop me in the middle of a project or an audio book passage to ask a question that I'm not supposed to answer due to my job description.

All the pleasures of spending time with books and the added bonuses listed above.

A joy. Pure pleasure.

No comments: