Thursday, January 29, 2009

Highlights of the week ending 1/28/09

With my new work schedule it feels like Thursdays are the end of my week, my Sunday if you will. The time when I'm doing laundry and have time to actually sit down at the computer, upload photos and blog.

This is what J looks like much of the time on his computer.

From 2009 January


the skylights above make it difficult to view the screen. We'll have to move the computer and or get a new monitor. The existing monitor is on its way out as it is.

A made a yummy spaghetti sauce. The wow factor lol is that I'm the only spaghetti eater in the family so I have to really want it to do it. Yum.

From 2009 January



:) last Thursday was my birthday and it was wonderful! A day at Club Mud. Sure it rained but everything was on my time line when I wanted to do whatever I wanted to do. Mostly I soaked and read a Nora Roberts book, MacGregor Grooms as I recall. Started there and I finished it there. Even driving home in commuter traffic was a joy I was so relaxed and mellow and without time lines.


Friday we made run south to my fav store and J got to see some of his favorite sights. Yes, it was that dreary of a day, and yes that is a semi normal sight for us. Along with the bombing, live fire drills, that shake every window in the house. To the point that the last good sized earthquake we had the kids were sure it was just War Games. Great learning opportunity between the shake then roll of the earth plus duration vs the short blast/shake of live fire exercises.

Photos by J. And yes, it really was that dreary.


From 2009 January



From 2009 January



From 2009 January



From 2009 January



Our old fav fast food, Pedros Tacos, raised their prices 30 cents each on our fav food. Where as my fav breakfast burrito place Cafe del Sol, still has there bean and cheese burritos at 99 cents... and they are bigger than Pedros. And their chips and salsa are to die for! I am slow to warm up to a new place but I am so thrilled with their chips and salsa and that they serve breakfast all day long that I'm sure to find additional items that I love very soon.

This is the wall of their drive through.

From 2009 January



Ugh, I need to clean off the sewing desk so I can sew fabric buckets.


From 2009 January



A surprise package for someone special. Just waiting for the cookies to be ready to send.

From 2009 January



There were some problems with this particular batch.

From 2009 January



Ahh, some mommy time. Yes, for my pleasure reading in the tub I am reading about the Depression. Note: Merlot and carrots don't go well together but I hadn't had dinner and heading for the tub I took what I could get easily. :) there was blue cheese dressing for dipping. Ummm.

From 2009 January



And one of my other birthday gifts.

From 2009 January



Science project anyone?
What happens when you leave your teeth in blue Listerine for a few days?
They turn bright blue.
This is a photo of the teeth after 2 days in plain water.
Quite the tease for me. I thought that they sucked all the color out of the Listerine. Jerick set me straight.

From 2009 January



Birthday gifts from Julia and Mummu (the bear and not pictured bunt pan)
The neatest part of Julia's gift I could not find. A paper lei of cut hearts. It could be a crown or a lei. Hunter was gifted one for his birthday also.


From 2009 January



And another card with a huge stack of presents.

From 2009 January


Jerick went to a great birthday party. Laser tag, trip to the movies, and up all night playing Halo3.
Jules had her own party/overnight here.

No comments: