Note: all of these were written in March of 2010 and are being filed in December.
-------------------------------------------
There are somethings that just keep showing up and tapping on my brain. Again, and again, and again. This particular one showed up the first time at the beginning of December. It kept tapping all through December. It resurfaced a few days ago via Shannon. And after a tap, tap, tap-pity tap, I'm going to take the plunge.
It is the Best of 09 Blog Challenge. It is 31 prompts do be done in the month of December.
Now, as you know December 09 is long over, and '10 is in full swing but I'd like to give it a shot.
Let us give #1 a shot right now.
1 Trip. What was your best trip in 2009?
Jenn Translation: What was your most memorable trip in 2009?
Camping at Carpinteria. I love Carpinteria. It is my town but just that much better. Small town beach community that is flat. The camp grounds are just over the sand dunes from the beach vs on top of a tall bluff. We (the kids and I) camped there twice this year. The first in the spring with HSC. That is when I fell in love with the town. The second, with CHN, is the most memorable because of the weather and our accommodations.
I seem to recall that we knew that it would rain while we were there. I just not sure anyone was quite prepared for the amount of rain we got. Remember we, as a group, tend to not attend park days if it is gray and has a chance of showers. This was a multi day camp out.
Here is a photo taken of our play in tent by Adrienne after the weather cleared a bit.
See we didn't sleep in tents this time. We ran a shake down trip for my Dad's, new to him, Chinook. I call her Chinney.
I'm used to my dad's stuff being ship shape. Everything you could possibly need is on hand and in order. Everything works as expected or is a known problem and has work arounds.
So even though we had less space in Chinney than we do when we take my PT (photo from Spring trip to Carp) we went for it.
With the lack of storage room we packed the bathroom full as a closet, not a problem since the septic system hadn't yet been tested.
We all slept in Chinney. Not a problem at first glance. The reality of 3 full sized people who have not co-slept in 6+ years was interesting. It reminded me how much ds is a pre-teen. And how young dd can still be. I'm not sure anyone got a good nights sleep the 3 nights we were there. The kids did agree that it was great for sleeping in while driving. :) Yeah, one less body in the bed.
The lack of electricity in the camper was a hindrance that we worked around.
The leak in the camper where we kept the bedding was what brought on the hysterical laughter.
Friends leaving in droves due to leaking tents and puking kids was a big bummer.
Spending the day away from camp and introducing the kids to their first head shop, priceless.
But the memory that brings a smile to my face is dh sending me a mobile photo of Chinney. See he had driven 3 hours to surprise us for dinner. The real surprise was that we were an hour closer to home having dinner at a Hometown Buffet where it was warm and dry.
The above photo was also taken by Adrianne from the same vantage point as the wet first photo. It is a photo of me. We played cards every night. In the foreground you can see our favorite camping dessert, banana boats. And the table was recovered just for that trip with fabric & plastic. The fabric is now being horded as my camp accessory fabric. So far I've covered tables, made table clothes, and spruced up old towels to use as camp kitchen towels. Ditty bags are bound to be next.
Until next time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment