I'm going to fudge a little and reach right into the first full week of January 2010. Photos courtesy of Cindy & or Jai.
Sandra's Unschooling Symposium in Santa Fe.
It was in Santa Fe, NM. A town that has some great potential if I ever want to get away and just be.
To me, learned, implies lack of prior knowledge. I learned that the symposium format is perfect for me.
Symposium originally referred to a drinking party (the Greek verb sympotein means "to drink together") but has since come to refer to any academic conference, or a style of university class characterized by an openly discursive format, rather than a lecture and question-answer format. ...lol I like that definition a little too much. I was actually looking just for the 2nd part of that quote.
The "openly discursive format, rather than a lecture and question and answer format."
What really happened was that our current life path was confirmed as viable and rewarding. I left knowing that I can do better on this path and that it is well worth the time and effort involved.

No comments:
Post a Comment