Friday, December 4, 2009

#4 - 09 Book

4 Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?

The real answer is the same as #3 - 09 Article. Non-fiction, the beach the park the yard, and yes.

I going to use my favorite fiction series as my answer to answer the question of "My favorite book of 2009".

Mythical creatures still exist. You don't believe me? That is because the Society for the Protection of Mythical Creatures has done its job well and persuaded you to think this way. But if you want to find out what is really happening to these creatures, click on the books below...

 The books are called the Companion Series by Julia Golding.

Young girl discovering her secret powers and mythical creatures.  Excitement and adventures that appeal to the young girl I once was.  I lived in a world where everything was possible and I experienced life through books. This series appealed to me as the mother of a unique girl, as a person who embraces alternative forms learning (our heroine does not do well in a traditional school setting), and to my sense of the possible.

Just writing about this series brings me great joy. I have not yet purchased the series but I will own it.  I haven't yet shared the series because it is still so very personal. I'd love for Julia to love it but I fear that she won't love it the way I do and I don't want to take the shine away from my love of the book.  To be honest it is not her type of book. We will share it at some point but for now it is my treasure and I am hording it.

No comments: