13 What's the best change you made to the place you live?
I created a space for myself with encouragement from The Artist's Way.
I bought myself a navy blue over sized chair and ottoman. It is facing out of the large picture window that takes up almost half of the front of the house. In fact I'm testing it out for blogging right now.
It was a real break though for me in so many ways. First of all I don't buy furniture I like. I buy utilitarian bargains. Second, I needed a place to relax, dream, read or write. This also takes me away from the games and tv shows that ds enjoys and I find it uncomfortable to be in the room with the violence. We have about 1800 square feet with 1100 of it being common area in an open floor plan. Unless, I lock myself into my room I really can't get away. But my chair, a view of the neighborhood, and an iPod do the job just fine.
These days I also get to watch my seelings grow from that location.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment