
Ahh, I was going through withdraws.
After a 7 year break I started back to baking a few weeks ago and then I had to go :gasp: 10 days without a baking fix.
Usually, I make some of the dough into pretzels and or cinnamon rolls. Today, it was strictly bread.
I found the recipe on the web all those years ago, likely a from a link somewhere, Mom's Farm Bread if you are interested. The only note I have is that it takes more like 8+ cups of flour not 6 as listed. Maybe it is just me and my lack of baking experience.
Yummy bread that I can't wait for a sandwich for lunch tomorrow.
I've a also fallen in love with a book series.

A True Book. By Children's Press, a division of Grolier Publishing. Great info, not dumbed down, not too dry, just right for a introduction to a subject. Sure, ds knew all the info on Jupiter before we read it but that is one of his "things" kwim? It was new info to Jules and I.
So far we've done some of their National Park books and started the Planets. They have, gosh, all sorts of things. Animals, chemicals, habitats, senses, countries, tribes, government, and who knows what else. Let's just say that this series will now be my starting point for information.
Jules is currently
reading/listening to To Kill a Mockingbird and J should be starting it soon. I read it this summer and Mu finished it last week. It was the city's "book of the month" early this summer and that inspired my read. Mu was inspired by that or a reference in something she was reading. The kids? Well, I tried to have us listen to it together this summer in the car. Only to realize that group/car listening doesn't work well for us.I can't listen to books on disk/tape because my mind wanders. I do much better with an actual book. The kids want to listen but only on their time line and just in the car isn't enough for either one of them.
Jerick is, once again, engrossed in the Story of
the World series by Susan Wise Bauer.He fell in love with SOTW 1 at 6 years old.
At 7 yo I added SOTW 2.
At 8 I added SOTW 3 and then 4.
He made it clear that I added 4 earlier than he was ready for it, or maybe he just didn't like the subject matter.
Right now, as I type this, he is 10yo and on SOTW2 again. I'd venture to say that 1 & 2 are his favorites. These rank up there with Harry Potter and Jules Verne for this kid. He revisits them multiple times each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment