Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/25/08 Random Thoughts and Photos


First things first. This bracelet, that I took an awful photo of, was an amazing party gift. We had a Book Club for Twilight earlier this week and the hostesses made these for each one of us. Bella's Bracelet. A carved wolf and a crystal/diamond heart. They made some extra to sell so if you are interested contact me and I'll give them your contact info.

The party was wonderful. Beautiful decorations, excellent food, so many theme related items. Great friends and good company. I hope we get to do it again in the near future.


This is a favorite book of ours. Shake & Make Ice Cream on page 67 has been a standard around here for years. We've also done it in a park for Mother's Day. And with groups of kids in camp and park settings. Not to mention at home just for fun!

Yeah! I finally remembered to show J the menu for the Sr. Center lunches. As you know he volunteers once a week with his Nana. Now, at least for October, he'll know if he's going to enjoy the lunch menu as well as the friends that he has made there.




I think, if I had to choose a favorite comic strip I'd choose Rose is Rose. Today's strip I especially enjoyed. I am a Bubbler who Bubbles Freely, Openly and Often.


This was my attempt to take a photo of the one from my newspaper. :eeks:

Now, let us chat about homemade bread. I like making, I like eating it, but slicing, that I need to work on. I have a problem with making it too thick or too thin. It is soft and pliable enough that it makes a difference. I've had luck in the past with deliberately letting it get a little stale sitting out overnight but ... is that the best bet? What about a sandwich on day one? When you have to cut it, like for Mummu, and all you can get is almost 1" slices? So what do I do then? It is just too much bread, as enjoyable as it is, at that size.

No comments: