Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Attempting to find my groove.

A post, a post, what to post?

How about a photo?  I've been carrying around my camera for days in hopes of getting inspired to shoot something that I'd like to blog about. 

Today, as I left my dad's house after a visit I turned, from across the street I saw this...


It spoke of hope.  Of spring.  Of new beginnings. Brightness after much gray this year. Bursting with color on our 2nd day of 80 degree weather.

The year started out with an amazing, inspiring trip to Santa Fe for SUSS.  It was the first time I had flown in 12 years.  My first solo trip in close to 20 years.   I am so thankful for that experience, to be able to sit and listen to the experience of others who are further along the path than we are. I am so thankful for the down time just prior to all sorts of exciting events.

2 days after I returned there was a fire in the in-laws attic followed by a middle of the night call for dh's assistance.  Everyone is safe just shaken up and moved until repairs can take place. 2 months later repairs have not yet be started. They live locally and dh is on call regularly to meet with contractors and such.

The following week we were in Vegas.  Dh for work and the kids and I for fun.  It was an adventure to time our trip between storms. And an even bigger adventure to keep the kids and I sane in a hotel/casino for 3 days in the rain without a pool (closes for the winter)

The week after that my dad was in the hospital.  Never fearing for his life but lots of drama just the same. 3 weeks in cicu and 2 more weeks recovering from the meds of cicu. As of today he has been home for 10 days and is gaining strength daily.  Yeah Dad!

This week will be the first week since the start of the new year that we are all home, not traveling, no one in the hospital. It may only be Tuesday but I have high hopes that Julia recovering from her cold will be is as eventful as it gets. :) . Well, that and an MNO with some like minded friends.

Next blogs will be updates on my garden and photos from a January field trip.

No comments: