Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marshmellow Shooters!

From April


A df posted a recent link to http://www.instructables.com/ to the How to Make Organic Planting Pots Using Newspaper and that got me poking around Instructables again.

This is the instructable that I used. There are others to explore if you are interested.

Super fast and easy to make. I made 7 in an hour or so including sanding and painting. Sanding and painting took longer than the rest of the process. I did have hang ups with the ratching of the pipe cutter and stops to help kiddos with stuff.

Cost: about $2.50 per gun excluding sandpaper and spray paint.

Hints: Join instructables in order to view the PDF files. Having to view the instructions page by page is the reason I've stayed away from Instructables in the past. I wish I had figured out how to streamline the process years ago.

Why: Why did I make 7? Why was I finally ready to make any? 7 for the 7 kids that I was going to interact with in the next 24 hours :) although I wish I had made one for myself. I finally made them because ds had so much Nerf fire power after his birthday I was feeling unarmed. Knowing I have access to a shooter just sort of makes me feel better.

Note: This shooter is painted with chrome spray paint. The type used for car bumpers. :) Thanks to my dad and his spray paint collection.

No comments: