5 bags of compost and 5 plants have been awaiting my time and I was thrilled to have the time today to give to them.
The surprise of the day was this sunflower. It had not yet bloomed when I started my work this morning. As I continued it started to wink at me :)
![]() |
| From 2009 April |
This will be my first attempt at using poles for support instead of cages.
Note, one of the cherry tomato plants had 2 strong stalks. I attempted to separate (not fully) the two stalks to get two plants out of the deal. We'll see how it goes.
![]() |
| From 2009 April |
3 bags of compost and my first attempt at transplanting corn.
I read something yesterday about how dry soil has to be to repel water... umm all my garden was repelling water. It finally dawned on me, you know the obivious, that the reason my garden did so well that very first year was all the compost we added. Here we are 5 or so years later and I haven't amended it at all. How embarrassing! I've been lucky that anything grew at all!
Transplanted corn with yummy soil and added additional corn seed to :crossing fingers: hopefully have enough for cross pollination. I've managed before so I have high hopes for success.
![]() |
| From 2009 April |
Look at all those jalapenos on dh's pepper plant!
![]() |
| From 2009 April |
Next on the agenda?
Move rocks for the new front garden... when it is cool enough yet late/early enough not to bother the neighbors.
Buy more compost... they were out the last time I checked on a Monday.
Find a home for the lonely 2 pepper plants.




No comments:
Post a Comment