Saturday, April 11, 2009

EEEKS

I was out on "Slug Patrol" last night.

A standard patrol around here these days. With yummy seedlings poking though in the garden and recently planted tomato to tempt the slugs I have to be diligent.

Many of the slug hide under some boards that we have next to the walk way in the back yard. So it is as easy as flipping the boards over and picking up the slugs or searching for the slime marks to help find them. No prob. Worms, pinch-y bugs of some sort and slugs. That is all that I've ever found there over the last weeks that I've been getting up close and personal with the area.

So I flipped the first board last night and EEEEKS.

BIG BUGGY eyes are staring up at me.

...deep breath ... move along...

Flipped the next board and EEEKS!

More BIG BUGGY eyes that look like they want to attack me.

Now, slugs and worms and pinch-y bug things I can do... even though those pinch-y bugs scare me. They have never bothered me so I don't bother them.

Fipped another board and another.

All in all at least 6 of these things with huge eyeballs.


From April


After many deep calming breaths I remembered that we have at least one lizard in our yard. And these buggy eyed creatures did have tiny little legs hiding under their snake like bodies.

BABIES! We have lizard babies! Isn't that exciting!

whew... now I can continue my slug patrols without freaking out.

No comments: