During this conversation I shared how much I was/am in love with bias binding and even making my own.
Mu seemed puzzled. She'd made enough bias binding in her day to know that "fun" wasn't part of the huge long strips, piecing them, and then ironing the folds in. Eeeks what a nightmare.
It was then I got to share with her, verbally, the making of continuous bias binding. Thank you to McCalls for hosting this tip. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/lessons/fundamentals/index7.html
I'll admit to having difficulties wrapping my mind around the first stitching line and that the second one seems awkward but WOW is it thrilling to get correct.
Then add the bias tape maker, photo below, and it is almost fun to make bias binding.
1/4" bias tape maker + a rayon black bias roll that I picked up in LA for $2.50.
![]() |
| From 2008 December |

No comments:
Post a Comment