Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Annual Trip to Sea World (how to)

When the kids were 2 & 4 we had passes to Sea World. Back when gas was so cheap I didn't think twice about driving to San Diego once or twice a week and on rare occasions 3 times a week.

Since the passes expired we only go once a year. This year, Julia opted not to go. This year, is the last year that I will plan the trip or organize a field trip to Sea World. The kids are old enough that I've got to let it go as an annual trip and let it be by request. I've finding more and more things that I've taken for grated as regular occurrences are no longer so when I allow the children to have more of a voice in the activities.

Do you your own trip go to
http://www.seaworld.com/sandiego/
Bottom of the page under "Special Visitors" click Education
http://www.seaworld.org/education-programs/index.htm
click Education Programs, Sea World San Diego (or the property of your choice)
http://www.seaworld.org/education-programs/swc/index.htm
click "school programs, instructional field trips"
http://www.seaworld.org/education-programs/swc/school-programs/index.htm
click "K-12 School Programs"
http://www.seaworld.org/education-programs/swc/school-programs/k-12.htm
Must call for reservations. Previously recommended at least 30 day notice.
The current program is 5.75 p/p for half day (10am-1:30.
Homeschoolers only on the first Wed of the month during the school year.
Minimum group 10 people.
Parking included, special lot with parking pass.
No rides or shows.
One educational show provided at 10:30am.

A photo from the Educational Show
From 2008 December


Jerick's favorite exhibit is the shark exhibit, I didn't get any photos there.
My favorite exhibit is the Up Close with Shamu. Unfortunately due to a strategically placed finger I will not be showing that photo.
So all that is left is a photo of Jerick (10) doing his standard dig for the fossils at Sea World.
From 2008 December

What you can't see, off to the right, is a cool little tree with long branches that make a fort. This time they had a little bench in it. I want to be 3 and go sit under/in the tree on the bench and just daydream the day away.

No comments: