Thursday, December 4, 2008

4 Dec 08 Sewing

Gwen, my darling sister, swung by and picked up the kids for "a donut and the park". I didn't see them for 7 hours!

One of the things Gwen dropped off when she picked up the kids was a shirt that was WAYY too big. Gwen is a tiny thing and this was a Mens/Unisex Large.
As a thank you to her I did a quick alteration.




Using a shirt of hers that she likes the fit of + a little length per her request. I cut it down, altered the sleeves, and re did the neck line.




There were plenty of scraps so in keeping with my desire to make our annual ornaments out of fabric I whipped these up.
One for Mu's tree one for ours.
The pict may not do it justice but they turned out really cool.

In the background you can see the UFOs (UnFinished Object)I completed. Mors Bags http:///



Then some little totes.
Perfect for keeping grocery bags in, in the car if you have a hatch back.
My bag hangs form the head rest in the back seat hanging into the trunk.

From 2008 December






The small totes were from the scraps of the big totes.
My new favorite style and size.
Long enough strap for over the shoulder.
Large enough for most stuff but not too large that it weighs too much.
I'm using this style tote/grocery bag for all my toting needs.

There are 8 total. As I completed them dh decided they would be perfect gifts for MIL and SIL, hence the gift bags. The gift bags are being reused from a prior year.
The bags are not actually as firm as the picture would indicate.
The standing bag is full of the Mors Bags pictured above in addition to the extra bags in this series. Doesn't dh do lovly hand bag modeling :giggle:

From 2008 December




Lastly, a large pocket apron.

From 2008 December




Next up another apron out of the same fabric and then onto ... ?

No comments: