Monday, December 15, 2008

Inspired by blogs

2 items that I've recently made that were inspired by blog reading or blog links from Sewing Mamas or etsy links from Sewing Mamas.

The first one was from Pink Penguin for a fabric basket.

The directions are fine. I do recommend the quilting aspect of the tutorial because I think that helps it stand up better. I used warm and natural quilt batting and only one line of quilting. These are scraps that have been cluttering up my sewing area for 2 years. I'm just thrilled to have found a use for them.




Well, after 25 minutes of trying to track my inspiration for the box bag. I've come up empty handed. Don't get me wrong I found plenty of boxy type zip bags but I couldn't find the ones that inspired me.

This was the... ahh, that scrap is big enough to test the technique sort of thing. I wouldn't choose to make them this size. This one would be great for pencils/pens that sort of thing.

No comments: