Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Wrap Up 2008

This really was Julia's year to shine.

She was so full of the Christmas spirit and joy that she was a pleasure to be around each and every moment.

She created gifts, she loved wrapping and offered to help anyone who needed it, and she made cookie baking the most fun I have ever had baking cookies.

She's the kid who would check out Christmas picture books year round from the library.

She LOVES Christmas. I have been bah humbug about Christmas for YEARS but she made this my best Christmas EVER!

Thank you Julia!

I didn't get many pictures but here is one of Jules wrapping the shop vac for my dad.
From 2008 December


Such a pleasure that I think I will now look forward to the Christmas holidays just to watch Julia's joy at the season.

Some of my last sewing items of the holiday.

Garment bags / slip covers for the holiday aprons I gifted to the family the week before Christmas so they could wear them for cookie baking. :) Their actual aprons as presents were put in their "stockings"
From 2008 December


A bunch of wallets and key fobs for family.
This is my fav style of wallet. Just big enough for cash, cards, and my phone and it all attaches to my keys. Small enough for a pocket, big enough to throw in whatever bag I happen to carry.
From 2008 December


And UFO's (Un Finished Objects) into a gift bag.
From 2008 December


The shocker is that the above is the only gift bag I made this year. I usually do dozens. This year, for the first time in 12 years I ... :gasp: wrapped in paper. I've been storing the wrapping paper for so many years that I just had to attempt to use it up. ... I barely made a dent. Let's just say that I'll be wrapping with paper for a couple of years just to use it all. ?? Maybe I could gift more pkgs next year in an attempt to use it up?

No comments: