Not Back To School at Disneyland with Disney Schooling. It was fun to meet up with friends we hadn't seen in months. Catch up with the latest with some of the kids. And the teens :) on the tail of all the great teens at the conference seeing some of my favorite teens made it clear to me how lucky we are to be a part of such an amazing community of people who have chosen to homeschool.
Not only was it NBTS @ Disney but it was also our first Girl Scout Field Trip. To tie those together the Field trip was held in Downtown Disney at Build-A-Bear. This was our first trip.
![]() |
| From 2009 Sept |
I know it was too long for me. Julia held up the best. But at the end she had decided that the bear, Pizza, that she "built" will be a First Birthday gift for Terra Sage. Gosh I just want to squeeze Julia with joy that she would choose to do that with her first BAB.
Jerick thought his friends were going to BaB so he joined us and was quite disappointed. So I chose to let him go. Back to the park, Disneyland. Without a cell phone, without a person waiting, without a watch. I was a little eekie about it but knew he could manage with the clock on his iPod. With a 2 hour window to go play and then meet up with me at the 1:45 mark he was right where he was supposed to be. I was so pleased and excited. Sure the kid is a responsible 11 year old but in this day and age to go that far without a cell phone is worthy of Free Range Kids
not to mention I was hanging out with a bunch of moms of littles while I freaked myself out about encouraging him to go. Cell phones for the kids is getting bumped up on the list of priorities now that we have Disney passes.
![]() |
| From 2009 Sept |
We got a special treat while at Disney. We got to ride on the Lilly Belle! Such a treat and with friends :). I am just so tickled that Laurel gave us the heads up that it was an option.
Here's a pict of the kids :) I had asked them to pose for me and they conked their heads.
| From 2009 Sept |
and now one where it actually looks like they like each other :) I try to get at least one of these a year.
| From 2009 Sept |
It was a great day for Disney and we look forward to going back again asap.


No comments:
Post a Comment