Let's just bust a move and get caught up already.
I'm a little distracted as Jerick is sitting in the same room singing to himself playing with the Wii guitar looking at a black TV screen and mumbling about Dr. Who. I've checked and he's not interested in talking to me. So I'll try to just move along.
The week kicked off with Labor Day. It was a wonderful weekend. Full of rental work and family time. Julia was inspired to make this cake looking craft.
| From 2009 Sept |
I was reading book inspired by a session on Art the I participated in at the CHN confence in August.
| From 2009 Sept |
After School Club started at the library. Julia is the oldest kid there who is not a volunteer but she still loves it! Not only was she the oldest but she was the only kid signed up who had participated before. So at 9 she was in with a group of 5 year olds and she still loved it. The :) part for me is that the volunteers are so much shorter/smaller than Julia that it is visually interesting.
I stayed up all night reading The Seer by Krisula Moyer. It was a great read and inspired me to read other books that I knew the author liked.
Not Back to School at Wild Rivers. It seemed to be less populated than last years event and some of my favorite families were missing this go around so maybe that was the problem.
Good Vibrations conference kick off was at Torry Pines State Beach and it was a perfect day for the beach and a pot luck. They choose a great location and couldn't have requested a better day. We all spent hours in the water playing with our friends.
On Saturday afternoon I thought I had hit the highlight of the confrence. Cards, drinks, and good friends.
![]() |
| From 2009 Sept |
It wasn't until digesting the after conference on-line chatter that I started to realize what I really got out of the event. More blogging on the subject to follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment