Thursday, September 17, 2009

August 2009

Started with a homeschooling conference, CHN. A conference that left me knowing that I *had* to take Julia with me to conferences. I was filled with the joy of knowing that I was ready and that she was ready. The beginning of a new chapter of our homeschooling experiences.

From 2009Aug


This was a month of change. New freedoms for the children. Jerick spending time of the roof (see photo above). More freedom of choice. The freedom to choose not to go to the beach or on adventures with mom. While my freedoms became limited as I started to work 5 days a week.

Jules and I went to the local summer production of Thoroughly Modern Milly and enjoyed it enough that we will go enjoy other children performances.

Jerick was ready this summer for many of the blockbuster movies and he hit them all with Jeff and I. It could have been like he was a 3rd wheel on a date but I ended up realizing that I was more of a 3rd wheel. So from here on out I'll bow out more.

Much to my disappointment neither kid opted to spend time at the beach or pool or even much time at Wild Rivers. I had to get my beach fixes alone it was very strange.

We attended our first RK events in ages. Jerick couldn't pass up the Maritime Museum and I wasn't willing to pass up the Korean Bell of Friendship.

J after I caught him getting really into the workings of the life in the Museum.
From 2009Aug


Even Jules found things to engage her for the first half hour.
From 2009Aug


I really enjoyed our tour guide. It is too bad that I was on kid duty and couldn't get more of his stories.
From 2009Aug


From 2009Aug


From 2009Aug


I have memories of the Korean Bell of Friendship from being a kid. Not positive memories. Ones of a long steep hill we had to climb up, too much wind, and not much to do.
From 2009Aug


The new memories are of a flat walk from a parking lot. A beautiful breeze. Being with friends. And beauty.
From 2009Aug

From 2009Aug


Even Jerick found fun with friends and binoculars.
From 2009Aug


Jerick ended the month, and the summer, at surf camp. Way to go Jerick!

Gotta love the stuff that goes on at homeschooling park days.
From 2009Aug

From 2009Aug

No comments: