Thursday, July 23, 2009

The garden meets the sewing machine.

Earlier this season I had some drama with soaker hoses for the garden. The style I like is not easily cut and re-ended to use shorter pieces. Unfortunatly, after many trips to the garden center and hardware store I had to give up the style I liked for the style that would work. That left me with 2 soaker hoses, each about 25 feet long, that were no longer usable because they were missing an end.

So what is a frustrated sewer to do when her sewing desk is covered with garden hose reminding her of a garden failure? Throw it away? NO

From 2009July


Make custom pencil and pen holders for your re-emerging artist because The Artist Way is inpireing you to remember you enjoyment of drawing.

We, Jerick, Julia, and I, removed the green plastic part of the soaker hose. I zig-zag stitched the lengths of the fabric together and then custom fit them to the pens and pencils that I wanted housed. They also had to fit in the new backpack that I got just for carrying around my essesntial notebooks and art supplies. I'll get a photo of those for you later.

No comments: