Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Artists Way (no photos)

On June 30th I started the book "The Artist's Way" The full title being The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron.

This is a book that I have heard about for years. It was originally published in 1992. A book that I discounted off hand because "I am not an artist". During the month of June of this year I read some quotes on line that really resonated with me... they were from The Artist's Way. I had recently read a book called Synchronicity, it encouraged me to really pay attention to events in my life. Sure, I was willing to tune in more. Not wait for literal bonks on the head that it often takes me to pay attention. On a list I was on The Artist's Way came up in conversation and I ignored it for the most part. Then... I opened an email and the only part I saw as I got ready to skip it was "You do not have to be an artist to benefit from The Artist's Way" WOW. Really? Interesting. I thought to myself the next time this book comes into my life I'll grab it. Within hours I was at work putting books on the shelves. One of the books almost slipped out of my hand so it got a double take. It was a brand new copy of the 10 Anniversary Edition of The Artist's Way. As I had promised to myself, I grabbed it. After a few days I cracked it open and started in.

Two weeks into the process I knew I needed my own copy. I am now on week 4, I see the benefits and the potential for even greater benefits already. One of the minor ones should be that I will be blogging more because I will have more things to blog about.

Wish me luck! I don't need it but I sure do like it 'cause it feels good.

No comments: