Sunday, June 14, 2009

Joy in the garden. Saturday

From 2009June


I spent the afternoon of Saturday the 13th of June sitting in the garden. Reading, writing, updateing my new calendar and didn't get around to doing any drawing so I opted to take some picts.

Even late in the evening the flowers above were drawing bees into the garden. I am embracing bees for their purpose even though I've long been allergic and often stung.

From 2009June

Just look at all those potential cucumbers. Yipee!

From 2009June

These are some of those cherry tomatos

From 2009June

I have found more beefstakes hiding in the leaves so there is lots of promise.

From 2009June

I also learned recently that the type of pruning I was doing was the most likely cause of my failing harvest. Ah, live and learn.

From 2009June

2 volunteer corn stalks.
I'm just going to let them be.

From 2009June

Still only one but it looks promising.

From 2009June

A carrot, a carrot, I sprouted a carrot! ... what 2 months later?

From 2009June

Our first garden harvest. 2 small zucs, 1 large green onion, a couple of basil leaves.
What tiny taste I got was delish. I made the mistake of putting the entire amount (tiny as it was) in a bowl to share with Jeff and neglected to tell him it was to share. Oops. My bad.

No comments: