Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Like hand washing clothing in a bucket.

Sometimes we view things as fun that others view as tedious.


This is a photo of Mummu and a very young Julia (now 10).  At our then annual pilgrimage to the local organic farm for a field trip.

A trip that included making butter by hand by shaking it in a jar. FUN for some and not so much for others.
Washing clothing by hand on a wash board. FUN for darling Julia.  Not so much for some others.

I find making butter, even by hand, fun.  I find fun in doing the families laundry.  Hanging it on the line, folding it in piles, even how fast it can go if I'm on top of it.

What I don't enjoy and haven't found the fun in, is photos.

The process of getting the camera out. Turning on the camera. Trying to frame a good shot. Taking the shot before the scene shifts. Turning off the camera. Plugging it in to the computer. Loading and then editing the photo.

Tedious to the extreme.  Each and every step.

This year I changed my camera set up so I can wear it around my next for easier photo taking. Nope.  That didn't help.  I changed purses so I could always have the camera with me. No excuses! Yeah, that didn't work either. Even when I do take photos I dread uploading them.

My point is that I don't enjoy blogging without photos to tell the bulk of the story.  So until I find more photo love I will likely be scarce.

I do have ideas of ways to make it more fun for me.  I've got a new camera in mind and my garden has been thriving.  So if we are lucky the love of photos will come sooner than later.  If not then it has been fun.


No comments: